The CIL is seeking a Transition Facilitator to help us provide transition services to individuals with disabilities and seniors.
SUMMARY: The CIL is seeking a Transition Facilitator to help us provide transition services to individuals with disabilities and seniors. “Transition services” include any service that helps an individual transition out of a nursing, long-term care, or rehabilitation facility to independent or community-based living.
- Develop relationships with contacts at senior/nursing/rehab/long-term care facilities in Northern Alameda County and inform them of CIL’s Transition Services
- Create an overview of CIL’s transition services, including promotions and outreach materials
- Create an ongoing database of facilities and potential consumers in these facilities
- Research what types of needs transitions consumers might encounter, develop a referral list for services outside the CIL
- Meet with potential transitions consumers to go over intake procedures, goal setting, and create a transitions plan
- Work with housing specialists to find housing options for potential transition consumers
- Demonstrate commitment to the CIL and to the vision, mission, and independent living philosophy of the agency
- Act as a peer counselor for consumers
- Maintain accurate and detailed records; documenting, in particular, services to consumers.
- Advocate for the rights of consumers, regardless of age or disability, and the enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Personable, outgoing personality
- Experience with disability
- Experience in counseling and/or social work
- Ability to travel to nursing facilities
- Experience with Google Suite and data management systems a plus
Hybrid – Sometimes at the Berkeley office, sometimes at home. Must be able to provide in-person services as needed at nursing facilities, when safe to do so.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining CIL’s team, please submit the following application materials to email@example.com
- A cover letter describing your interest in CIL and how your past experience has prepared you for this role
All job offers are contingent on passing a pre-employment background check.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Director of Operations at hr (@) thecil.org.
CIL Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or status as a protected veteran. Persons with disabilities, veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
CIL is an E-Verify participating employer.
$22 – $25 per hour